As a Student Ambassador for the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, you could be involved in a range of activities that help raise the profile of RSTMH at your university/institution and potentially with your wider networks.
RSTMH expectations of Student Ambassadors
- Be a member existing RSTMH member for a minimum of 3-months
- Be a full-time student in a subject related to global health, though part-time students will also be considered.
- Have good networks and be confident and willing to represent RSTMH at events and meetings.
- Provide feedback and ideas, thoughts or comments concerning Society activities to help with the process of continuous improvement.
- Always treat RSTMH staff, supporters, partners and members with respect, consideration and appreciation.
- Be friendly and professional at all times when representing RSTMH and engaging your networks about RSTMH.
- Help disseminate announcements to relevant students and staff on an ongoing basis, for instance, via departmental mailing lists, Noticeboards, or social media; via online resource portals and/or via the course convener for the relevant degree programmes.
- Provide as much notice as possible if you are unable to fulfil your Student Ambassador commitment.
- Have a good understanding of RSTMH and our work: our events, grants, journals and other plans.
- Be able to communicate clearly about RSTMH and our work, staying within RSTMH’s brand guidelines.
- Be familiar with the aims and scope of our two journals.
- Act in a way that doesn’t discriminate against or exclude anyone.
- Respect different opinions and be sensitive to different cultures.
- Have a strong social media presence.
- Donate as much time to the role as you can.
How to apply
Student Ambassadors are recruited throughout the year.
We are now open for applications. If you would like to apply to become a RSTMH Student Ambassador, please complete the application form.
Please give as much information as possible about your experiences, interests and availability.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Amelia Fincham, firstname.lastname@example.org.