This meeting is designed specifically for early career investigators to present their unpublished research in progress to peers and senior experts in all fields of tropical medicine and global health. The event will take place in Moshi, Tanzania on 26–28 September 2019.
Researchers are invited to apply for the opportunity to present their unpublished research on areas within tropical medicine and global health focusing on RSMTH’s priority areas:
· Neglected tropical diseases and their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals,
· Malaria, with a focus on drug resistance,
· Planetary Health and the consideration of human health alongside animal health and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors,
· Topical issues including emerging diseases,
· Drug resistant infections,
· Abstracts submitted on these broad themes will be considered for oral AND poster presentations.
Please note: there are limited travel grants that will be given to researchers from the East African region only. Priority will be given to those who have not presented at this event before.
The deadline is 24 June 2109, 17:00 British Summer Time (BST)